Mardigrasmiata.net

Mardi Gras Miata Club of Southeast Louisiana
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seat Covers
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:42 pm 

Was looking for a nice seat of seat covers for my 01 and so far I have come up with a set of these so far...........
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAZDA-MIATA-2001-2005-BLACK-BEIGE-VINYL-CUSTOM-MADE-FIT-FRONT-SEAT-COVERS/262813899892
These are about the right price range for me, was wondering if anybody has had past experience with this brand IGGEE or if maybe someone might know of some others that might be better for the price.
I did message someone on the MX-5 forum with a set ( his Miata is identical to mine except for the automatic trans and his came off the line 10 days after mine) He said that the seat covers were installed when he bought his, once I told him how much they were he felt they were worth the price for the quality, just was looking for a few more opinions on the subject

Glenn

Post subject: Re: Seat Covers
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:01 pm 

I've never had them, but most of us who plan on keeping our Miata's go with Katzkin Leather (https://katzkin.com/interiors). Personally, I got tired of the vinyl deteriorating after less than two years. :shrug:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:53 pm 

I agree ..........I would jump at a set of Katskins........... but when they start at over a $1000 bucks...... WAY WAY out of my price range.... :lol: (you know the old saying...... it sucks to be poor :lol: )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:08 pm 

Glenn wrote:
I agree ..........I would jump at a set of Katskins........... but when they start at over a $1000 bucks...... WAY WAY out of my price range.... :lol: (you know the old saying...... it sucks to be poor :lol: )

I only paid about $500 from a local dealer. They were installed by myself an a knowledgeable helper.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:28 pm 

You beat me too it........ your right they are under a 1000 but at this time anything over the 300 mark is over my price limit....... :lol: but I hope that is only temporary :lol: ...going though major health issues currently once that is over hoping to go back to work...... at lest Teaching ....... Aircraft Maintenance... yea I am just a old broken helicopter mechanic..... 17 yrs ago was in a bad crash and the back has deteriorated over the years

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:37 pm 

I'm sorry to hear that. I just didn't want you to be disappointed a couple of years down the road. But, I have zero experience w/ the particular covers you are looking at. You could check www.miata.net to see what they may have experienced.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:41 am 

Glenn, I used leatherseats.com for my 2000, around $800 for custom made leather, but they do offer vinyl. I changed them myself. Let me know if you need help. I live in Picayune, MS but have been known to travel. :D

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:31 pm 

No one has saddle brown. It makes me sad.